Amazon Provides Many Services on the E-Commerce Platform
The thing that they do not provide is easy access to the product data. Currently, there is no way of exporting products data from Amazon to the spreadsheets for any business requirements you could have. Either to do comparison shopping, competitor research, or creating an API for the app project.
Web data scraping can easily solve all these issues.
Free Web Scraping for Amazon
Web scraping allows you to choose a particular data you’d wish from the Amazon site into a JSON file or spreadsheet. You can even make it an automated procedure, which runs on a monthly, weekly, or daily basis to constantly update the data.
For the given project, we will utilize Scraping Intelligence, a powerful web data scraping, which can deal with all websites.
Scrape Amazon Product Data
Here, we will extract product data from Amazon results pages. We will scrape Amazon product data accessible both on result pages as well as data available on all product pages.
Let’s Get Started
- Initially, we will utilize the Amazon web scraper provided by Scraping Intelligence for the project.
- Open the Scraping Intelligence Amazon data scraper and click on the “New Project” as well as use a URL from the result pages of Amazon. The pages will be rendered within the app.
Scrape Amazon Results Pages
- When the website gets rendered, just click on the product name of the initial results on a page. In that case, we would ignore the funded listing. The name that you’ve clicked would be green that indicates that it is selected.
- The rest product names would get highlighted with the yellow color. Click the 2nd option on the given list. Now all these items would get highlighted in the green color.
- On the left side, rename the product selection. You will observe that Scraping Intelligence is scraping the product names and URLs for every product.
- On the left sidebar, just click the PLUS(+) sign given in the product’s selection and select the command ‘Relative Select’.
- With this command, click on the first product name on the page as well as then on the listing price. You would observe an arrow connecting these two selections.
- Develop the new command that you’ve made and delete the URLs that are also getting scrapped by default.
- Repeat steps 4 over 6 to scrape the product star ratings, the total product images, and reviews. Ensure to rename the new selections consequently.
Important Tip: The process above would only scrape the image URLs for every product.
Scrape Amazon Product Pages
Now, the Scraping Intelligence Amazon product data scraper would click on all the products selected and scrape extra data from every page. Here, we will scrape the Screen Size, product ASIN, and Screen Resolutions.
- Initially, on the left sidebar, just click on the 3 dots given next to main_template text.
- Rename the template with search_results_page. The templates help Scraping Intelligence to keep various page layouts different.
- Now, utilize the PLUS(+) button given next to your product selection as well as select the “Click” option. A pop-up would come asking if the given link is the “next page” button. Then, click “No” as well as next to the ‘Create New Template’, provide a new template name. Here, we will utilize product_page.
- Scraping Intelligence will automatically create the new template as well as render an Amazon product page for the first product given in the list.
- Just scroll down the “Product Data” part of a page and use the ‘Select’ command, then click on the first element in the list. Here, it would be the item, ‘Screen Size’.
- Keep on choosing the items till they all become green. Then rename the label selection.
- Increase the label selection as well as remove and start the new entry with the labels’ command.
- Then, click on the PLUS(+) sign given next to labels selection as well as use a Conditional command. It will help us to pull some info from all these items.
- For the initial Conditional command, we will utilize the following appearance:
- $e.text.contains(“Screen Size”)
- Then, we will utilize the PLUS(+) sign given next to the conditional command for adding a ‘Relative Select command’. Now, we will use the ‘Relative Select’ command to initially click on Screen Size text as well as the real measurement next to it (here, it is 21.5 inches).
- Then, Scraping Intelligence will scrape the product’s screen sizes in its particular column. We could copy-paste the provisional command we just made to get other data. Just ensure to edit the conditional expression. For instance, the ASIN expression would be:
- Finally, ensure that your provisional selections are associated properly so that they haven’t get nested among themselves. You could drag & drop the selection to fix that.
Now, you may want to extract many pages of data worth about this project. Up to now, we are scraping only page 1 of search results. So, let’s set the Scraping Intelligence to steer to the next 10 result pages.
- On the left sidebar, come back to search_results_page template. You may also require to change a browser tab for search result pages also.
- Click on the PLUS(+) sign given next to page selection as well as select the ‘Select’ command.
- Then choose the link to the Next page at bottom of an Amazon page. After that, rename this selection to the next_button.
- By default, Scraping Intelligence will scrape the URL and text from the given link, so grow your selection of new next_button as well as remove the 2 commands.
- Then, click on the PLUS(+) sign of the next_button selection as well as utilize the ‘Click’ command.
- One pop-up will come asking if it is the “Next” link. Just click on ‘Yes’ and enter the number of pages that you’d like to steer to. Here, we will extract 9 extra pages.
Run and Export Your Project
As we have set up this project, the time has come to run the scraping job.
On the left sidebar, just click on the “Get Data” button as well as click on the “Run” button for running your Amazon data scraping. For long projects, we suggest doing the Test Run for verifying the data that would be correctly formatted.
After the scraping job gets completed, you would download all the data you’ve asked for as a convenient spreadsheet or as a JSON file.
That’s it! Now, you are ready to extract Amazon data as per your requirements.
Using Scraping Intelligence’s web scraping services, you can scrape nearly any e-commerce website.